Revenue Cycle System Application Analyst
North Mississippi Medical Center Tupelo, MS Full-time Information Services / Technology (IT)
Posted on April 27, 2022
- Acts as a functional and/or technical analyst in system and reporting functionality.
- Assists in research and identifies root causes and resolutions for system issues.
- Provides information to leadership and colleagues with recommendations to improve the functionality of revenue cycle systems.
- Escalates system issues with leadership as necessary.
- Develops, modifies and tests moderately complex processes to improve efficiency of hospital revenue cycle operations.
- Follows operational processes to assure revenue cycle systems availability, reliability, and predictability.
- Provides on-call support for system application issues, ensuring 24x7 support.
- Tests any changes to system in test environment and works collaboratively with leadership & colleagues to ensure changes are moved to live environment in a coordinated manner, utilizing defined change management process.
- Ensures appropriate system downtime procedures are communicated.
- Work with vendors to ensure appropriate installation of new versions, updates, interfaces, and upgrades. Works closely with leadership to ensure successful implementations & upgrades.
- Design, write, test and implement system functionality changes, reporting, & extracts using existing, user-created, and third party vendor applications & tools.
- Coordinate the design, development, evaluations, implementation, and monitoring of system application and solutions by sharing of information to support clinical, financial, general business, and integration operations.
- Maintain appropriate knowledge of all systems in order to understand current & future database needs, including domain knowledge.
- Read and interpret different programming languages and scripts - including SQL, PL/SQL, and stored procedures in Oracle, MSSQL, and other open database platforms.
- Utilize & build tools to effectively monitor database stability, manipulate and transfer data between systems, and proactively detect problems with processes/programs.
- Monitor database error logs and queues.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, math, analytics, informatics, or management information systems; required, Willing to consider Associates degree with 2 years' direct experience beyond the minimum requirement in lieu of Bachelors degree.
- Minimum 2 years' IT data or Business data analytic experience; required
- Independently assume responsibility for efficient flow of work without direct supervision, exercising outstanding judgment, decision-making abilities, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams
- ITIL exposure or experience; Preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills; required
- Excellent interpersonal skills; required
- Multi-tasking, critical thinking and problem-solving skills are required
- Working knowledge of Healthcare Information Systems; preferred
- Outstanding poise in a fast-paced business environment