Educator- Heartburn Center, CDH Joint Venture, FT, Days
North Mississippi Medical Center Tupelo, MS Full-time Education
Posted on December 11, 2021
- Coordinates overall care of patients participating in the Heartburn Treatment Center
- Performs initial patient consultation and teaches all steps of prescribed treatment process. Schedules and performs motility and pH procedures
- Works also with specialty physicians in discharge process of selected inpatients Serves as resource in staffing endoscopy labs and recovery rooms
- Provides Endoscopy staff and others as well with educational training Participates in educational activities in the community.
- Provides daily patient teaching concerning the effects of untreated heartburn and the process of procedures that help cure this problem.
- Calls on and teaches physicians and others about new procedures and follow up care
- Initiates presentations to staff in medical field as well as lay public
- Schedules Heartburn Treatment Center procedures.
- Generates and distributes procedure reports.
- Provides phone line response to Heartburn Center.
- Enters data into national registry.
- Performs charting, filing, and charging of procedures.
- Initiates and participates in hospital and departmental PI activities.
- Must be a graduate RN from an accredited School of Nursing and hold a current license from the state of Mississippi.
- ACLS certification
- Certification of Gastroenterology Nursing, desireable
- Maintains additional educational hours in specialized Endoscopy procedures
- Competency in computer skills, logician, SCM, Encore