Care Coordinator, Full Time
North Mississippi Medical Center Tupelo, MS Full-time Health Care Provider
Posted on March 17, 2022
- Conducts assessment to determine patient needs and barriers to disease management of continued recovery.
- Implements appropriate interventions to address identified patient needs and maintain regulatory requirements.
- Monitors the effectiveness of the patient's care plan and intervenes when necessary to address potential progression delays.
- Arranges appropriate post-acute services and procurement of durable medical equipment.
- Coordinates transition of care as indicated.
- Assess the discharge planning needs of the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
- Documents assessment findings and interacts in the clinical record according to establish standards.
- Performs cost/benefit analysis to determine most cost effective care.
- Documents type education received by the patient and/or family members.
- Educates patient and/or family member(s) to the processes and services provided.
- Attend and provide continuing education in-services.
- Participates in performance improvement projects, committees, and teams.
- Communicates patient needs to appropriate sources such as Physicians, medical staff, DME Companies, Home Health and Hospice Staff, and Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Facilities.
- Communicates effectively with adult and geriatric patient.
- Participates on committees and Physician Section meetings as requested/required.
- Participates in QI initiates and other Hospital performance improvement programs.
- Adheres to NMHS/NMMC Policies/Procedures/Guidelines.
- Complies with appropriate Local/State/Federal policies/procedures/guideline/regulations/laws/statues.
- Associates degree with 3 years case management experience or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or Social Work, required; Master's preferred.
- Must be currently licensed in a health related field in the State of Mississippi; required.
- Certified as a Board Certified Case Manager within 1 year of accepting position; preferred.
- Certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR); required.
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills; required.
- Knowledgeable in the documentation of social/work case management intervention methods; required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; required.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the following areas: pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.