Cardiac Ultrasound Sonographer, Full Time, M-F w/call
North Mississippi Medical Center Tupelo, MS Full-time Health Care Provider
Posted on December 10, 2021
- Educational: The incumbent will participate in the training of new personnel. The incumbent will conduct/participate in in-service training classes.
- Clinical: The incumbent performs all aspects of echocardiography. (M-mode; 2- Dimensional; Spectral and Color Flow Doppler, Stress Echocardiography; assists with Trans esophageal Echocardiography;) Responsible for proper use of Telemedicine equipment used in pediatric echocardiography.
- Clerical: Responsible for proper charting, filing, and charging of all Echocardiography procedures performed. Responsible for Computerized Patient Scheduling on an as needed basis.
- Inventory: Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory of supplies needed for procedures performed.
- Performance Inventory: Participates in hospital and departmental on-going Performance Improvement activities and complies with actions taken as a result of those activities to assure high quality patient
- Must be registered in cardiac or vascular sonography; or nursing with training in echocardiography
- BLS required
- Basic and Advance Cardiology classes preferred
- Detailed knowledge of cardiac anatomy, cardiac disease processes and the effect of these disease processes on the cardiac structures and blood flow required.
- Must demonstrated the ability to perform detailed cardiac echo measurements and calculations to recognize cardiac disease processes
- Knowledge and use of computerized ultrasound and echocardiography equipment required
- Continued Education specific to Cardiology procedures and disease states required annually
- Proficiency in tele-tracking required
- Proficiency in adult and geriatric population while exhibiting excellent customer service
- Prepares echo lab for the following day (printing schedule, stocking supplies as needed, maintain a clean and organized work area)
- Must be proficient in McKesson Cardiology system; able to work up and complete reports accurately and timely