Business Development Manager
Do you want to work at a company that:
- Sees your potential and enables you to thrive
- Has a flexible work environment
- Offers a collaborative and inclusive culture
- Has tremendous growth potential
You might be Masterclassing's next Business Development Manager!
Are you highly motivated, self-starter looking to make your mark within a global event business? Then submit your resume today!
Who is a good fit for this role?
This role is the perfect fit for someone based anywhere in the US with the tenacity and drive for a career in sales. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a sales role focused on event/tradeshow sponsorships or HR services/platforms. We’re looking for a resourceful problem solver who has experience finding and closing leads in a fast-paced environment.
Who is Masterclassing?
Based in Brooklyn, NY, we are an established global events business that hosts over 300 Masterclasses worldwide each year. Our events bring together experts from Marketing, HR and Sustainability providers with brand leaders through a series of highly regarded, time-efficient sessions. These events are an assortment of in-person half-day events, 2-hour virtual events, and 45-minute workshops. Masterclassing events take place online and in 15+ North American cities, as well as in Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific.
What will you do?
- Manage all sponsorship program activities including prospecting, sales and negotiation, proposal development, sponsor activations and account management.
- Proactively research and identify new sales prospects to build your own pipeline. Research will use a variety of techniques including online research, networking, and active participation in industry events.
- Utilize excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly explain value proposition.
- Maintain CRM and coordinate email marketing campaigns to prospects/provide traffic reports.
- Work with the Director of Partnerships & CEO to influence strategy around company sponsored events and other initiatives in line with potential sponsors.
- Host & moderate our in-person & virtual events across North America.
Bonus points, if you also have:
- Core understanding and working knowledge of the HR service/platform landscape
- A record of sales achievement
- Sponsorship sales experience
- Are located in/near Brooklyn, NY
As a Business Development Manager, you can expect:
- A base salary of $50K
- Uncapped commission
- Quarterly Bonuses
- A fun, energetic and dynamic working environment
- Career progression
- 15 days PTO, 10 Public Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401K with match
- Travel required (4-6 times a year)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year