Registered Nurse (Medical/Surgical) - Parker, AZ
Indian Health Service is hiring for an RN (Medical/Surgical/Obstetrics) in Parker, AZ.
Must be willing to relocate to Parker, AZ!
Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving Reimbursement may be authorized in addition to salary.
If Eligible for Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving Reimbursement:
- Relocation/Moving Expenses covered and arranged prior to moving with a moving company. Moving Expenses covered up front by IHS. Candidates must work for one year for expenses to continue to be covered.
- Recruitment Bonuses up to $5,000 Sign-On bonus awarded immediately, candidates must work the full year.
Pay: $73,733 - $95,851 per year
Why Choose IHS?
- Do you have student loans? You may be interested in our Loan Repayment Program.
- Loan Repayment Application available after entry on duty
- 10 paid Government Holidays
- Government Benefits Package includes Multiple Medical Insurance plan options
- Pension plus Thrift Saving Plan matching 5% of Salary,
- 104 Hours Personal Time Off AND 104 hours of Paid Sick Leave, accumulated over the first year.
- Vested after 5 years: Eligible for pension after 5 years of working at retirement age (62)
- Ability to continue to carry government insurance after retirement at the same rate as if you were working
*Recruitment bonus and or moving of household goods may be authorized in addition to salary
- Accepts responsibilities as team leader and/or charge nurse. In the absence of the supervisor, accepts those supervisory and administrative responsibilities
- Performs comprehensive professional nursing duties to patients whose condition warrants specialized care including, but not limited to; Preeclampsia, Diabetes, Fetal stress, ROM/Premature ROM, Hemorrhage, Routine mother/baby care, Antepartum/GYN surgical care, etc. Assesses the patient and develops a plan of care for individual patients by interviewing the patient and family member, reviewing patient's health care.Participate in staff development activities including orientation, mentorship, and sharing feedback from government sponsored training opportunities.
- Provides professional skilled, competent nursing care specific to age of the patient) adult, geriatric, obstetric, pediatric, neonate) to meet physical, emotional, spiritual and social cultural needs of the patient, by means of direct care and teaching
- Observes and assesses the patient's clinical condition; collects and interprets data from the patient's history and physical assessment; decides appropriate nursing action to be taken based on interpretation of data. Initiates specific nursing measure needed to ensure well-being of mother and baby.
- Operates and monitors specialized equipment such as resuscitation units, respiratory therapy apparatus, monitoring devices (cardiac monitors, oxygen monitors, etc.), IV pumps and regulators, temperature regulating devices, suction, blood glucose monitors, mist tents, etc.
- Administers therapeutic treatment measures such as medications, intravenous fluids, blood products, treatments and procedures. Prepares patient, completes or assists as appropriate during procedure and evaluates results.
- Facilitator of transfer services for patients via ground or air transport based upon patient’s condition and needs.
- In emergency situations, when a physician is not present or immediately available, initiates appropriate nursing measured, i.e. CPR.
- Must have Registered Nurse (RN) License or Certification
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be willing to relocate to Parker, AZ
- 1 or More Years RN experience
- Medical/Surgical and Obstetrics Experience Preferred
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
About Parker, AZ
The Parker IHS facility is located only 2.5 hours from Phoenix AZ and Palm Springs CA, 1.75 hours from Laughlin NV, 3 hours from Las Vegas NV, and 4 hours from Los Angeles CA, making it easy to reach these vacation destinations and major airports.
Most hospital staff choose to live in either Parker, or the nearby Lake Havasu City AZ (38 miles distant), home to the famous London Bridge and inviting waters of Lake Havasu.
Featured in the “Best Places to Retire” lists in Money Magazine, Portfolio.com and other national publications, Lake Havasu City offers a full panorama of recreation and relaxation activities for the young at heart in a land free of mosquitoes, smog and big city hassles.
Tee-off on one of several Lake Havasu City golf courses, enjoy a game of Bocce Ball or tennis, or drop a line in the lake from our public fishing docks your own boat. While we’re talking boats, we should mention that Lake Havasu is the boating capital of the Southwest. The crystal clear lake offers more than 60 miles of navigable waterways with no speed or size restrictions. Explore shoreline coves on a pleasure cruise, enjoy a relaxing day of world-class fishing or sprint across the lake in a high-powered speedboat.
But that’s not all you can do in Lake Havasu City – not even the start, especially if that something is playing on the Colorado River, scuba diving, off-roading, ultralight flying, hiking or one of the other unique activities that make Lake Havasu City one of the best places to retire in Arizona and the United States.