Mechanical Engineer Detailer
About our Company:
GROB SYSTEMS, INC. is a world class European manufacturer of high quality production systems and universal machining centers. The North American headquarters in Bluffton, Ohio specializes in the design and production of machines and automation for the automotive, aerospace, medical, and die/mold industries. Our parent company is located in Mindelheim, Germany, with additional production facilities in São Paulo, Brazil and Dalian, China. GROB has numerous offices and facilities providing sales, service and spare parts support to manufacturers around the world.
GROB’s product line includes machining centers, flexible manufacturing systems, transfer machines, ancillary assembly machines, leak test machines, gantries and automation, and complete assembly lines for engine and transmission assembly.
Mechanical Engineering Detailer:
This position requires working with designers in the AutoCAD and NX design/detailing of CNC machining centers, automation and robotics. The ideal candidate must be motivated and want to work with others to learn how to detail and design equipment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Finishing designs
• Detailing designs
• Completing bill of materials
• Production releases
• Correspondence with machinists and assemblers
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Ability to comprehend 2-D drawings
• Proficient use of AutoCAD (2012 and higher)
• Knowledge of mechanical design, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
• Knowledge of ISO, DIN standards and metric system
• Strong knowledge of static and dynamic mechanics
• Proficient use of NX is a plus
• Self-motivated and team player
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong math skills and understanding of mechanics
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Willing to work overtime as needed
• Willing to travel domestic and international
GROB offers a competitive wage as well as an excellent benefit package including vacation, health, prescription, dental, vision, STD, life, 401K, and shift premiums.
What sets us apart:
- Support for designing and dimensioning of the electric vehicle assembly
- Development of verification and production processes
- Extensive process and quality controls
- Worldwide availability through global branches
- Turn-key systems developed and manufactured from a single source