Director of Business Development
Director of Business Development
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Status: Full TimeAre you a relationship builder who desires to lead a team of professionals in ongoing effort to create and maintain community relationships directly impacting clinicians, patients and their loved ones? If you are eager to use your talents and skill set in a way that truly makes a differencein the Middle TN healthcare market, we can't wait to talk with you!
Directs the day to day growth activities of the organization and drives community business opportunities for the organization. This is accomplished by partnering with key stakeholders including but not limited to Physicians, Long Term Care Facilities, Assisted Living Centers and Community Partners. The Director leads the hospice consultants and the community outreach activities of the organization. The Director executes growth strategic vision by directing day to day activities and through collaboration with others to develop and/or identify best demonstrated practices and develop company standards in support of organization goals.
Is responsible for overall community partnerships working in concert with the COO. Is the primary point of contact for these relationships and interfaces with partners on a regular basis. Is involved in the overall operational management of hospice services provided in conjunction with our partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Directs and monitors departmental operations and activities. This includes data collection, aggregation, management and strategic planning to exceed agency growth goals.
2. Responsible for the overall management of community relationships including, but not limited to, Physicians, Long-Term Care Facilities, Assisted Living Facilities, School Systems and Community Partners.
3. Provides market feedback (trends, declines, areas for opportunity) to COO to identify opportunities for growth and strategic partnerships and support the overall vision of the organization.
4. Leads the day-to-day sales and marketing function of the organization’s hospice consultants and community outreach program.
5. Provides coaching, mentoring and professional development support to hospice consultants, community outreach director and, as requested, other members of the organization.
6. Directs multi-disciplinary team in identifying and implementing sustainable changes that result in positive organizational improvement.
7. Identifies and elevates process improvement opportunities to Executive Leadership that result in positive referral partner and patient experiences.
8. Works closely with Executive Leadership team members to identify and determine opportunities and targets based on peer group analysis.
9. Analyzes performance data to identify business opportunities and makes recommendations in alignment with the organization’s and department’s strategic plan.
10. Drives improved outcomes through the development and deployment of standard tool kits, processes and assessments.
11. Develops training and development programs and material to support the continual development of relationships with key stakeholders.
12. Drives business decisions through the development and use of analytics.
13. Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Values Statement”.
14. Directs the smooth and seamless access process to exceed conversion goals and provide excellence to all referral sources so we are the preferred provider.
15. Work with clinical and financial staff to achieve goals.
16. Maintains and improves relationship with existing strategic community partners.
17. Provide monthly progress reports and other statistical reports to leadership to provide focus and continuing emphasis. This includes tracking of referrals, and activity reporting to refine processes.
18. Collaborate with COO to establish, monitor and implement an effective marketing plan to exceed growth goals.
19. Participate in identifying strategic growth opportunities in collaboration with leadership team.
20. Designs, plans and implements strategic initiatives in collaboration with the senior leadership team.
21. Assists with budget development and oversight, including maintaining a log reflective of spending related to referral sources according to policy.
22. Practices in accordance with the mission, philosophy, policies and ethics of Alive.
23. Serves as liaison, educator and resource for hospice in the professional community arena. Works collaboratively with the COO to ensure smooth transitions from referral to admission.
24. Aides in achieving agency goals through support, project work and team building.
25. Provides administrative supervision to line staff including recruiting, selecting, training and counseling employees, staff assignment and scheduling.
a. Manages systems, processes, staffing, budget and outcomes
b. Supervises and allocates consultant staff based on agency needs.
c. Collaborates with staff of other departments as appropriate.
d. Collects and analyzes Referral/Intake and Admission data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement
26. Monitors customer service-related activities to optimize performance.
27. Other duties may also be assigned.
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of hospice consultants and senior director of community outreach and strategic community relationships. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The agency requires the position to complete 15 hours of continuing education per year covering topics that will contribute to improvements in carrying out the above responsibilities. Regulatory agencies may require some disciplines to have additional hours in order to be licensed or certified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, including meeting required competencies. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree required. Prior hospice business development experience preferred. Three years’ management experience desire .and formulate budgets. Ability to understand healthcare financing.
Ability to define and clarify problems, collect all relevant input, draw valid conclusions and enact appropriate and effective solutions. Display high level of personal and professional maturity, maintain and assist others to maintain appropriate boundaries. Ability to analyze care needs, resources and allocate responsibilities. Ability to interpret an extensive array of theoretical constructs and technical applications in healthcare and confounding areas.